its inception in England in 1978, Wilson Motorsport has been an active participant
in world class professional motor sport, providing organizational, management,
promotional, design and consulting services to the professional auto racing
industry. In 1983 the company relocated to the USA where it has served a unique role in assisting many
different companies in the development of their race facilities, race
series, events and marketing programs. Included amongst the many Wilson
Motorsport projects are 28 completed race facilities and in excess of 75 other significant design and consultancy projects.
DESIGN AND CONSULTING
and operated 17 major street race events.
- COLUMBUS FORD DEALERS 500 - Directed, designed and operated
a major IMSA GTP street
race event in Columbus, Ohio. 1984-1988
- DALLAS TRANS-AM/IMSA GRAND PRIX - Designed, built and operated
major street events at three different venues. Provided consulting services
for all aspects of business and event activities. 1988 - 1996
- DENVER INDYCAR GRAND PRIX - Designed
and operated IndyCar street event before assuming Chief Operating Officer
- CHILDRENS GRAND PRIX OF MINNEAPOLIS - Designed, operated and provided management consultancy
for SCCA Trans-Am/USRRC series events, 1995-1998
- WEST MICHIGAN GRAND PRIX (Grand Rapids) - Designed, operated and provided management consultancy
for SCCA Trans-Am series events, 1998-1999
ROAD COURSES and COUNTRY CLUBS
and consulted on construction and business development of eight national
level road courses.
- GINGERMAN RACEWAY -
- A 1.9 Mile road course located near South Haven, Michigan. Opened 1996
- CAROLINA MOTORSPORTS PARK -
- A 2.3 mile road course located near Camden, South Carolina. Opened 1998
- MID AMERICA MOTORPLEX -
- A 2.2 mile road course located near Omaha Nebraska - Opened 2002
- BEAVER RUN MOTORSPORT PARK -
- A 1.5 mile road course, 0.8 mile kart track and Vehicle Dynamics Area
located near Pittsburg, Pa. Opened 2002
- ARIZONA MOTORSPORTS PARK -
- A 2.2 mile twin road course and an 18-acre solo pad located in Phoenix,
Arizona - Opened 2003
- AUTOBAHN COUNTRY CLUB - - A 3.7 mile twin road course country club located near Joliet, Illinois. Opened 2005
- CALABOGIE MOTORSPORTS PARK - - A 3.05 mile twin course locaten Ottawa in Canada. Opened 2006.
- MOTORSORTS PARK HASTINGS - - A 2.3 mile road course located in Hastings, Nebraska. Opened 2006.
AND GRAND PRIX ROAD COURSES
six major international race facilities. Provided management and management consulting
- NEW YORK GRAND PRIX - - Designed and planned the construction of a F1 Grand Prix facility and event in New York City, including city negotiation, environmental impact studies. 1983.
- HYUNDAI GRAND PRIX FACILITY - - Designed Formula One specification Grand Prix facility for Hyundai Motor Company in Seoul, Korea and served as company's consultant on world wide motor sports evaluation project. 1995-2000.
- LE CIRCUIT MONT TREMBLANT- - Redesigned and consulted on the redevelopment of the defunct Grand
Prix Circuit near Montreal, Quebec to FIA International standard. Opened 2001.
- BARBER MOTORSPORTS PARK -
- Designed and consulted on construction and business development for
major International standard Moto GP race facility near Birmingham, Alabama. Opened 2003.
- COMP-SPEED (BEIJING) INTERNATIONAL
RACE COURSE -
- Designed Formula One Grand Prix and World Superbike specification track
in Beijing, China - 1998-2003.
- MILLER MOTORSPORTS PARK -- Designed and consulted on construction of 4.5 mile twin layout International FIA Level 2/ World Superbike Championship race facility, 30 minutes from Salt Lake City, UT. Opened 2006. Operated as CEO/General Manager 2005-2008. Winner 2006 World Professional Motorsports Expo "Race Facility of the Year". Winner of 2008 World Superbike "Promoter of the Year".
Designed infield road courses for two major oval speedway complexes.
- LAS VEGAS INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY -
- Designed infield road course for AMA, Trans-Am and ALMS/Sports Car
events. Opened 1997
- PIKES PEAK INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY
- Designed infield road courses for for AMA, Trans-Am and IMSA/Sports
Car events. Opened 1997.
TRAINING AND MANUFACTURER TEST FACILITIES
Designed a Manufacturer Research and Development Test Track for a major automobweile company and a Driver Training Facility for law enforcement services.
- GAINESVILLE INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY -
- Designed Emergency Services Driver Training Track for County Sheriff's
Department at major NHRA drag racing facility. Opened 2000.
- HONDA/TRC - - Designed an extreme handling test and development road course for Honda Manufacturing in Ohio. Opened 2006.
Six international and national standard kart race tracks.
- SEARS POINT RACEWAY -
- Designed an International specification 0.75 mile race facility at
Sears Point race track in Sonoma, California. Opened 2002
- BEAVERUN MOTORSPORTS PARK - - 0.8 mile race facility - The
Wilson Circuit at BeaveRun Motorsports park. Opened 2002
- MILLER MOTORSPORTS PARK - - Designed a 0.9 mile championship level kart facility (twin layouts) for Miller Motorsports Park in Utah. Opened 2005.
- THE TRACK AT CENTENNIAL - - Designed a 0.8 mile twin track kart facility in Denver, Colorado. Opened 2006.
- AUTOBAHN COUNTRY CLUB - - Designed a club level kart track. Opened 2007.
- NEW JERSEY MOTORSPORTS PARK - - An International standard 1.1 mile twin track kart facility in New Jersey. Opened 2008
Designed improvements at major race tracks.
- ROAD ATLANTA - Redesigned safety systems and introduced major operational improvements and new facilities – 1993.
- MOROSO MOTORSPORT PARK - Designed and improved corner layouts and safety systems. 1999
- LAGUNA SECA - Reviewed and redesigned safety run-off area and barrier
layouts for the famous Corkscrew Bends at Laguna Seca to meet World
Superbike requirements. 2001
- DAYTONA INTERNATIONAL SPEEDWAY - Designed and improved Chicane and
Turn 6 - 2002
- CIRCUITO HERMANUS RODRIQUEZ – Designed NASCAR required chicane and corner modifications for NASCAR Busch Cup event - 2004.
- LIME ROCK PARK – Designed ALMS required track changes. 2008.
- NEW JERSEY MOTORSPORTS PARK – Consultant and designed changes to pit lanes and curbs. 2008.
AND FACILITY MANAGEMENT
- BRANDS HATCH AND MOTOR CIRCUIT DEVELOPMENT (UK) LTD - Served on the
Board of Directors. General Manager for four company owned race tracks. Provided track management, facility and safety development,
event organization and operations services at more than 200 events at
the group's four race tracks each year. Including award winning British
Formula One Grand Prix events. 1978-1983.
- AUTORACING OF COLUMBUS - CEO of IMSA GTP street race company. Track
design, marketing, promotion, community relations. 1984-1988
- DENVER GRAND PRIX - CEO of CART/INDYCAR street race company. Track
design, Operations. 1990 (Operations) 1991 (CEO)
- PRIME RACING VENTURES - CEO of Management and Consultancy company. Provided analysis, design and project development services for proposed CART facilities in Colorado and California. Provided management, track operations and safety development services at Road Atlanta. 1992-1993
- DAYTONA/USRRC - Developed and managed
USRRC international endurance racing series for SCCA and was Race Director
for famous Daytona 24 Hour event. 1997-1998
- SPEEDVISION/SCCA - Developed SCCA
World Challenge race series on behalf of Speedvision and SCCA into
major USA road racing series. 1999-2001
- MILLER MOTORSPORTS PARK - CEO and General Manager from start of construction through end of third season. Set up operating company for multiplex operations. Established major World Superbike Championship, ALMS, Grand-Am, AMA, NASCAR Camping World and SCCA championship events. Established local car, motorcycle and kart racing championships. Developed Ford Racing Mustang Challenge as a national racing series.
AND PROJECT DEVELOPMENT
Motorsport has provided a wide range of management, consulting and design
services to companies in the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, South Africa,
Korea and China, including:
Motor Circuit Developments • Brands Hatch • Mallory Park •
Snetterton • Oulton Park • Brands Hatch Racing Club •
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course • Tarlton International Raceway •
New York Grand Prix Inc • Johannesburg IndyCar Project • Fort
Lauderdale Can-Am Project • Columbus Ford Dealers 500 • American
Racing Series/CART • Grand Prix of Dallas-Fair Park-Addison-Reunion
• Brands Hatch Leisure • Denver Grand Prix • Prime Racing
Ventures • Road Atlanta Raceway • California Motor Speedway
• Formula Driving Centers • Sports Car Club of America •
Bahamas Motorsports • GingerMan Raceway • Arlington International
Race Course • Reno/Sparks Visitors & Convention Center •
Koch Material Handling • City of Abilene • City of Virginia
Beach • Project Calverton • Santa Fe Ranch • Galbraith
Company • Hyundai Motor Company • Las Vegas Motor Speedway
• Minneapolis Childrens Grand Prix • Palm Springs International
Raceway • Pikes Peak International Raceway • Texas Motorsports
Ranch • Canungra Motorsports Park • San Antonia Legends Raceway
• West Michigan Grand Prix • Bayonne Motorsports Project •
United States Road Racing Championship • Rolex 24 at Daytona •
Carolina Motorsports Park • BeaveRun Motorsports Park • Grand
Sports Speedway • Moroso Motorsports Park • Gainesville Raceway
• Speedvision/SCCA World Challenge Championship • Autobahn
Country Club • Le Circuit Mont Tremblant • Barber Motorsports
Park • Lin Engineering • Rausch Creek Motorsports Park •
Bonneville International Raceway • Honda R&D Americas •
Continental Divide Raceway Park • Laguna Seca Raceway • Mid-America
Motorplex • Comp-Speed Beijing • Arizona Motorsports Park
• Dragonsridge Motorsports Park • Sears Point International
Raceway • Alpine Rose Motorsports Park • Thunder Spirits Raceway
• Lemna International • Daytona International Speedway •
Liberty Bell Motorsports • Club Motorsports • Houston Raceway
Park • Learning Curves at Riverside • New York Motorsports • Turning Stone Resort Casino • Circuito Hermanus Rodriquez • Edmonton Race Project • JHK Marketing • Racers Ranch • Michelin Tire and Rubber Company • BMW USA • General Motors • Consumer Reports Magazine • Ford Motor Company • Miller Motorsports Park • Palm Springs Motor Club • Badlands Motorsports Park • High Plains Raceway • New Jersey Motorsports Park • Motorsports Park Hastings • Stable One Racing • Lime Rock Park • The Track at Centennial • Korea Racing Festival • Los Angeles Street Course • Sturgiss Museum New Zealand • Project Chile • Project Brazil • Red Line Auto Circuit & Entertainment India • Corvette Museum Project • NOLA Motorsports Park • Thermal Motorsports Track & Club
and reputation have established Wilson Motorsport at the forefront of
auto racing track design, facility and event operations.